Good Cakes & Bakes stops by the Fox 2 kitchen to bake sweet potato chess pie
Sweet Potato Chess Pie
(this recipe can only be double; 4 pies)
• 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
• 3 cup granulated sugar
• 6 large eggs
• 4 teaspoons yellow cornmeal
• 2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
• 0.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 2 teaspoon vinegar
• 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes About 3-4 1/2 medium sized sweet
potatoes peeled, diced, boiled until tender and mashed
• 2 prepared pie crust in pie pan
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Beat butter and sugar together on high until light and fluffy (about
• Add eggs one at a time and mix together until well incorporated.
• Next add cornmeal, flour, cinnamon, vinegar and vanilla and finally
slowly add mashed sweet potatoes into batter and beat until
• Pour batter into prepared pie shell and bake for 45-50 minutes.
• Cool for at least 4 hours and serve.