Meatless Monday: Vegan Caramel Apple Dip
Shimmy Shack’s Caramel Dip for Apples
1 TBSP Arrowroot or Cornstarch
2 dates (pitted and chopped)
1 ¼ cup coconut cream or full fat coconut milk
¾ cup coconut sugar
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla
1. Add arrowroot, dates, ¾ cup coconut cream/milk to food processor or blender. Blend until creamy and smooth (re-cream if date chunks are present)
2. In a saucepan add coconut sugar then add the mix from step 1. Heat on medium and WHISK for 2-4 mins. Do not boil. When glossy and deep golden brown it is done.
3. Remove saucepan from heat and add remaining ½ cup milk/cream, salt and vanilla
6. Transfer to glass jar and let cool completely
7. Put a stick in any apple of choice and dip in the caramel. Add sprinkles or chopped peanuts or swirled chocolate or even flavored buttercream.