(WJBK) - Normally we see this guy at the auto show, but today Mike Caudil joins FOX 2 in studio to show us some of America's favorite green cars.
Mini Countryman S E (PHEV)
- Biggest Mini, but electric
- Sporty w/14 miles of EV Range
- Gas motor powers front wheels
- Electric motor powers rear wheels
- Heads-Up Display
- Approx. 270 Miles
- $4,000 Tax Credit
2018 Toyota Prius Prime:
- Voted 2017 U.S. best-selling plug-in hybrid for standard midsize sedans.
- Gas and electric
- Range of 640 EPA-estimated miles
- 54 combined miles per gallon.
- Quad-LED projector headlights
- Backup camera and available Intelligent Parking Assist
- JBL Premium Audio system
- Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P), which includes Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, Full-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control with full stop technology, Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist, and Automatic High Beams.
- Prius Prime Premium starts at $28,800 and the Prius Prime Advanced which we drove, starts at $33,100.
2018 Ford EcoSport
- EcoSport's five-passenger
- SYNC 3 with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Alexa+Ford app compatibility
- Drivers can start, unlock and locate their vehicle from anywhere using available SYNC Connect with FordPass™.
- Award-winning 1.0-liter EcoBoost® three-cylinder with Auto Start-Stop is standard with six-speed automatic transmission; available 2.0-liter Ti-VCT four-cylinder with Auto Start-Stop is packaged with all-wheel drive.
- EcoSport pricing starts at $19,995
- 181 hp / 199 ft-lbs. 0-60 mph in 6.8ec.
- Range up to 114 miles BEV and 180 miles with Range Extender.
- The performance i3. More power from electric motor. Wider wheels with performance tires and tuned suspension. Wider fender flares.
- Carbon fiber passenger cell for light weight and strength.
- Conscientious and sustainable. Interior use recycled plastic bottle and renewable Kenaf plant fibers.
- i3 factory runs on 100% renewable energy. Uses 70% less energy and 50% less water than other car plants.
- MSRP $47,650
BMW 740e (Plug-In Electric Hybrid)
- First-ever 4 cylinder 7-Series
- Lithium Ion Battery
- 255 HP, but electric adds 111 making it 322
- Hand Gesture Control
- 28 miles on pure electric
- Price: $90,700