The Block Welcomes New Chef Nate Rockwell
The buzz has been growing about The Block ever since the restaurant started serving global-inspired dishes for lunch and dinner in its midtown location last year.
New Executive Chef Nate Rockwell is also putting his personal touch to signature dishes. Both he and Senior Manager Colbin Beal stopped by the Fox 2 Studios to discuss some of the new featured dishes on the menu, including roasted pistachio and horseradish crusted salmon.
Roasted Pistacio and Horseradish Crusted Salmon with a Champagne Sauce
- Toast pistachios in oven at 350 degrees
- After cooling, coarsely chop pistachios
- Rub a bit of oil over salmon and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Place prepared salmon in saucepan
- Bake salmon in a 9' oven-proof saute pan for approximately 3-4 minutes
- Take salmon out of the oven and pour Dijon and honey over the fish.
- Then top salmon with roasted chopped pistachios and horseradish.
- Return fish and pan into over baking for an additional 2-3 minutes until done.
- Finish with champagne sauce
Watch the video above and click here for more information.