Chef Craig Myrand with Cello Italian Restaurant makes delicious Chicken Parmesan with house red sauce
Cello Italian Restaurant will be running a special promotional offer starting October 22 -November 5th. The promotion will be $20 off when you purchase 2 large portions from their diner menu.
The recipe for Cello Chicken Parmesan with House Red Sauce
Serves 4 people
Prep time 45 minutes
House Red Sauce
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup minced garlic
1 cup Spanish onion, small diced
5 cup can ground tomato in sauce
2 Tbl kosher salt
1 Tbl fresh ground black pepper
1 Tbl basil, chiffonade (long thin strips)
1. Heat the oil in a medium sauce pot on low.
2. Add the garlic, stir often, and cook until garlic is light brown.
3. Add the onion and cook until onion is translucent and soft.
4. Add the ground tomato and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Remove from the stove and stir in the basil.
*Sauce is best when made at least 1 day before so the flavors can come together. Can be kept refrigerated for up to 6 days.
4 ea boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 Tbl kosher salt
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 cup AP flour
2 ea fresh eggs
1 cup milk
2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
½ cup panko breadcrumbs
½ cup olive oil
1 cup shredded mozzarella
4 Tbl shredded Parmesan
1. With a meat tenderizer pound the chicken breast until evenly flat. Season with the salt and pepper.
2. Lightly toss the chicken in the flour
3. Mix the eggs and milk together and dip the chicken in the egg mixture.
4. Mix the Italian breadcrumb and panko breadcrumbs together. Toss the chicken with Italian bread mixture. Make sure to press the mixture into the chicken to ensure it is well coated.
5. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium heat. Carefully lay the chicken I piece at a time in the hot oil. Let cook until golden brown (1 minute)
6. Carefully flip the chicken over and cook for an additional 1 minute or until golden brown.
7. Transfer the chicken to a parchment lined baking tray. Ladle ¼ cup of red sauce to the top of each piece of chicken.
8. Sprinkle ¼ cup shredded mozzarella and 1 Tablespoon of parmesan cheese on top of the sauce.
9. Bake in the oven for 7 minutes at 350 degrees. Or until cheese is melted and starting to brown.
*serve with your favorite pasta tossed with the remaining red sauce. And as much additional parmesan as you desire.
Additional information can be found on our website www.celloitalian.com