5 summer shoe trends from Von Maur
(WJBK) - This Style File segment, we're talking all about a girl's best friend -- shoes! Marnie Harris, store manager for Von Maur, joins us on The Nine to give us the shoe trends this summer. You can get her tips by watching the interview in the video player above, or by reading below.
1. Festival Movement: The popularity of outdoor festivals has continued to grow throughout the years. Music festivals like Lollapalooza, Bonnaroo and Cochella are the places to be for Summer 2016! Customer shopping this trend will be looking for low heels, comfortable boots, flats and sandals like Birkenstock. The styles will be a shoe you can spend the day in and will pair back to whimsical dresses and shorts.
2. Platforms: The best shoe to wear with flare jeans are platforms! '70s inspired platforms first made their introduction in fall but will continue with new spring styles. Expect to see platforms and flatforms from all vendors in a mixture of classification, including mules, pump s and sandals.
3. Peep toe Booties: More brands have introduced short boots for the spring and will tie back to a number of different outfits. The short boots for spring differentiate from fall styles with new materials such as suede, stacked heels, and less hardware. The colors are also more neutral, but stray away from black. This includes taupe, slate and saddle.
4. Gillie Tie: Pointed toe pumps and flats are not so basic when laced up with a gillie tie! Expect to see a number of brands introducing laced up pumps instead of caged styles. This trend can be dressed up or down, but is a great day to night.
5. Neutral color schemes: Color interest is kept to a minimum for spring. You can expect to see a number of neutral styles primarily in taupe, tan, olive and rust.