Bookstock May 15-22
(WJBK) - Metro Detroit's biggest and best used book sale is back this year, from Sunday, May 15 - Sunday, May 22. It will be a Laurel Park Place in Livonia.
Bookstock's Pre-Sale will kick-off on Sunday, May 15 at 8:15 a.m. with a performance by Livonia's Stephenson High School Marching Band. Admission is $20 for the Pre-Sale only, which runs through 11 a.m. Then, the sale continues for a week. Hours are: Sundays, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m., and Monday - Saturday 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
This year, Bookstock will feature five days of special sales:
- Monday Madness - Monday, May 16: The first 1,000 shoppers will receive spectacular giveaways and one lucky shopper will receive a $500 Visa gift card.
- Teacher Appreciation Day - Tuesday, May 17: Bookstock is celebrating teachers by giving 50% off to all teachers with a valid ID, from 3-9 p.m. At 5 p.m. the Bookstock B.E.S.T.* Awards, (Bookstock Extraordinary Student/School/Teacher)will be presented to fourth grade students from Detroit Public Schools who write the best essays entitled "My Favorite Book Character…and Why."
- Bookbuster Special Days - Wednesday, May 18 and Thursday, May 19: Buy three books and get the fourth book *free (*least expensive item) from 3 - 9 p.m.
- Spend $25 or more either night and be entered in a special drawing for one of the following: § An ice skate signed by Olympic Gold Medalists Meryl Davis and Charlie White, § 4 tickets to a Tigers game, § 4 seats and an on-field and behind-the-scenes experience with the new United Shore Professional Baseball League in Utica.
- Half Price Finale, Sunday, May 22: All remaining books and media will be sold for half price!
For more information, call the Bookstock hotline at (248) 645-7840, ext. 365 -- or visit their website at www.bookstockmi.org. Laurel Park Place is located on 6 Mile Road east of I-275 in Livonia. Proceeds from the sale support education and literacy projects in the local area.