It's National Spaghetti Day, who knew?
Craig Myrand, the culinary director of Cello Italian Restaurant sure does. And to usher in the consumption celebration, he brings forward of a bountiful meal of Lemon Spaghetti with shrimp.
For you carbo-loaders, we recommend you indulge.
And don't forget they also have carrot cake.
Yield: 4 people
1 Tbl Olive Oil
1 pound Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1 cup Heavy Cream
¼ cup Mascarpone Cream
¼ cup Whole Butter (room temperature)
1 Tbl Fresh Lemon Juice
¼ cup Fresh Basil (chopped)
1 Tbl Capers
2 Tbl Kosher Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper (fresh ground)
- Heat a large saute pan on high heat. Add the olive oil.
- Season the shrimp with a little salt and pepper. Sear one side of the shrimp. Carefully flip the shrimp over and sear the other side.
- When the shrimp is cooked add the heavy cream, mascarpone and butter. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the spaghetti and return to a simmer.
- Finish with the fresh lemon juice, basil, capers, salt and pepper.
- Divide into 4 pasta bowls evenly.