Detroit's Empire Kitchen & Cocktails has 10 new menu items, and is participating in Detroit Restaurant Week Feb. 22 - March 3 with a three course dinner for $39. Chef Aaron Lowen stopped by the Fox2 Kitchen Saturday morning to showcase a few of his favorite dishes and to show how he prepares them.
Watch the video above, follow the recipe and click here for more information.
- Calabrian chili tomato cream sauce
- 1 quart purée tomato
- 1 quart diced tomato
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced Calabrian chilies
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup Chili oil
- 4 tbsp garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup lobster meat
- 1 pound Gemelli pasta
- 1 pound fresh spinach
- 15-20 large shrimp
- Fresh herbs
- Begin by sweating onion, garlic, pepper and chilies in oil until soft and tender.
- Add tomato and cook for 20-25 minutes add cream and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Add in lobster meat and allow to cool.
- To prepare finished pasta.
- Sauté shrimp with a little olive oil.
- Add in sauce and cook until shrimp are just cooked through.
- Toss in pasta and spinach and wilt.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.