The 6th annual Dinner with Your Dog fundraiser to support the Almost Home Never-Kill Animal Shelter of Southfield is set for Sunday, June 23 from 2-8 p.m.
Dozens of animal lovers and their parts are planning to fill Omara's Irish Pub, located at 2555 W. 12 Mile Rd. in Berkley, to help animals find a forever home.
Owner and Chef Kevin O'Mara, and Chef Frances Kolody, visited the Fox2 News Kitchen to prepare menu favorite "Salmon in a Beggars Wallet" and their homemade gourmet Doggie Ice Cream.
Watch the video above, follow the recipe and click here for more information.
Omara's Salmon in a Beggars Wallet
- Remove skin and bones from 8oz. salmon fillet.
- Boil four leak leaves and three large, slices of potato.
- Make sauce from 6 tbs. orange marmalade mixed with half-teaspoon grated horseradish.
- Cook about 12 minutes until done, spread horsie sauce on plate and top with the salmon.
Doggie Ice Cream
- 1 lg. baked, peeled, cooled and pureed sweet potato
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup meringue
- 2 tbs. molasses
- Fold the whipped cream, meringue and molases into the prepared sweet potato. Put in plastic cups and freeze.