(FOX 2) - Executive Chef & Owner of Great Lakes Chef Catering Services, Tamara Young, came on The Nine along with Director at Gleaners Livingston Distribution Center, Bridget Brown. They joined us to share information about the upcoming Gleaners' annual Iron Chef event, as well as whip up fresh, organic goat cheese ravioli. Watch in the video player above.
Find the recipe below.
Fresh Organic Goat Cheese Ravioli
1oz grana padano shaved
Fresh ground pepper
1/4 oz chiffonade basil
2oz diced house sun dried tomatoes
2oz diced organic yellow tomatoes
1oz extra virgin olive oil
4oz grilled chicken
1/4 oz extra virgin olive oil
1/2 lb organic farm made-goat cheese with fresh herbs
Ravioli dough, prepared ahead of time
Himalayan sea salt
Ground pepper mill
Basil flowers, for garnish
3oz fresh spinach
1/2 oz pepperocinis
1. Cut 3-inch circles in ravioli dough with cutter.
2. Stuff goat cheese mix, in center of circle.
3. Fold over and seal with a fork around edges.
4. Grill chicken breast, pounded out with fresh sea salt and pepper.
5. Sear ravioli on medium heat in saute pan with extra virgin oil until slight browned, sweat garlic until toasted slightly.
6. Add all tomatoes, slightly saute, add chiffonade basil, finish with pepperocinis and wilt spinach slightly.
7. Add butter to smooth out sauce.
8. Julienne chicken breast on top of plate.
9. Garnish with basil flower, fresh shaved grana.
10. Add pepper to taste
Gleaners' annual Iron Chef event is coming up on August 8 at 6:00 pm at Bordine's of Brighton. Past champions will be returning to the event for a team head-to-head showdown in celebration of the 15th anniversary. For the Iron Chef event, the competitors' creations feature a secret ingredient, similar to those featured on Food Network's long-standing competition. The chefs are judged by an expert panel and event attendees.
Find more information at https://www.gcfb.org/event/iron-chef-2019/.