(FOX 2) - Before you indulge in this vegan delight, remember that it pairs perfect with a seasonal cocktail of cranberry, sage and gin.
Now, onto the food!
Gnocchi with Winter Vegetables
Inspired by Seasons 52
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 cup blanched gnocchi
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ½ cup diced, roasted, butternut squash
- ½ cup roasted cauliflower*
- 2 T diced, Italian-roasted or sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 T sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 T Chopped parsley
- 2 T toasted, salted slivered almonds
*Try roasting the cauliflower in a hot oven with olive oil, salt, black pepper, sweet paprika, cumin and cracked coriander
- Sauté pan
- Spoon for Cooking in a non-stick pan
- Over medium-high heat, add olive oil to a non-stick sauté pan
- Once the oil is shimmering, add the gnocchi to the pan and sauté on each side until golden brown
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Add spiced cauliflower, butternut squash and tomatoes.
- Toss to incorporate and warm through all of the vegetables.
- Add the pesto. Toss to evenly coat.
- Add the parsley. Toss to evenly coat.
- Plate the gnocchi. Garnish with toasted almonds.
Recipe serves 2 as a side