The food trucks are returning to Detroit. This week marks the spring activation of food trucks in the downtown Detroit parks as part of the Downtown Street Eats season.
The program takes place across Downtown Detroit Parks on weekdays from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. and occasionally during special weekend events. To mark the occasion, we invited Chef Xavi Pitta from the Simply Spanish Food Truck to showcase one his specialties -- paella.
Due to the chilly weather, he brought the ingredients inside to the Fox2 Kitchen. Watch the video above, follow the recipe, and click here for more information.
- Bell peppers
- Xtra virgin olive oil
- Green beans
- Garbanzo beans
- Butter beans
- Spanish saffron
- Warm oil in pan, add garlic and bell peppers till cooked
- Cook green beans
- Cook chicken till golden
- Put aside all previous ingredients
- Add chopped onions and later add little tomato.
- Mix all ingredients and add garbanzo and butter beans, let them cooked for a while
- Add saffron and paprika
- Add water and rice and the rosemary
- Cook the rice till is done on high heat and then reduce temperature to minimum
- Wait until all the liquid is reduced, remove the rosemary
- Remove from heat, let the rice settle for 7-8 minutes
- Serve in a dish with a lemon wedge