Texas Roadhouse preparesBlossom Petals
(FOX 2) - How to make Blossom Petals at Home
- Medium onion
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- Cut a medium onion in half, peel and place face down on counter
- Cut onion into strips at about 1/2" across the onion
- Batter: mix flour, cayenne, black and white pepper and sugar
- Fill a small bowl with milk or buttermilk
- Toss the onion strips in the flour, then the milk and then the flour again
- Fry the petals in 1/2" of hot oil in a skillet, or bake in a 400 degree oven until crispy
Creamy Chili Sauce:
- Combine 1 pint each mayonnaise and sour cream, ½ cup chili sauce and ½ tsp cayenne pepper. Optionally add ¼ C horseradish for extra kick.
- Remember, these are only tips for you to try it at home. This is not the Texas Roadhouse Legendary Recipe. We can't give that to just anyone, you know. If you want the real deal you will have to stop by your area Texas Roadhouse.
"Household" Pulled BBQ Pork Recipe
- 2 T. Liquid Smoke
- 1 cup tap water
- 1 each Whole Pork Shoulder/Boston Butt
- 2/3 cup Seasoned Salt
- 1 T. Black Pepper
- 2 cups of your favorite BBQ Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 225° F.
- Pour the liquid smoke, and water into the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Place a roasting rack into the pan.
- Rub the entire exterior of the shoulder with the seasonings.
- Place the seasoned shoulder onto the rack, fat side up, then cover the pan with a tight fitting lid.
- Place the covered pan into the hot oven, and roast for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove the pan from the oven carefully. The meat should be very tender, and between 190 - 200°F.
- Remove the meat from the pan and break it into five or six pieces using tongs.
- Allow the meat to cool for 15 - 30 minutes until it is cool enough to touch.
- Break the meat into 1" by 2" chunks, remove any undesirable fat or gristle, and place the meat into a mixing bowl.
- Gently stir in the sauce with a rubber spatula.
- Transfer the sauced meat into 2" deep x 9" wide x 13" long (cake or aluminum) pans and cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 - 30 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 170°F is achieved.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Refrigerate for use the next day. Cool it quickly (within 2 - 3 hours) to an internal temperature below 40°F to keep it safe.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 - 40 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 170°F is achieved.
- Serve and enjoy.