(WJBK) - George Nikollaj joins us on The Nine with tips for avoiding split ends. He's the owner of 6 Salon in Birmingham.
You can watch his advice in the video player above, or read the tips below.
How to avoid split ends
1. Invest in a good hair masque
2. Shampooing the correct way
3. Take the weekend off of styling
4. Wash your hair less often
5. Braids and buns good; tight ponytail bad
Signs when you know you just need a cut
1. Styling your hair takes longer
2. There's no shape
3. You're always wearing it up
4. You see split ends