2 injured in grill accident at Mexican restaurant in Fraser

SkyFOX over the scene Wednesday morning 

Two people were injured Monday morning at a metro Detroit restaurant when a grill exploded. 

We're told pilot light of a grill caught fire at El Charro in Fraser around 10:30 a.m. Wednesday. Two cooks prepping for lunch were injured.

We're told their injuries were minor, and that they were able to be treated at the scene and did not need to go to the hospital.

The building has some smoke damage. El Charro's website says that location - on 14 Mile Road near Utica Road - does not open until 11 a.m.

No word yet if they'll hold normal operating hours today.

This is a developing story. Stay with FOX 2 for updates.