DETROIT (FOX 2) - Four people were hurt Friday morning in a house fire on Detroit's east side. One person was critically injured.
The fire happened around 9 a.m. in the 14000 block of Wilshire Drive, which is near Outer Drive and Chalmers Street.
A 59-year-old man was rescued and suffered from smoke inhalation. He was taken to the hospital and is listed in serious to critical condition.
Three women were rescued, ages 16, 22 and 49, also suffering from smoke inhalation but not as severely as the man. A dog did not survive the fire.
The cause of the fire isn't known right now but officials are calling it accidental, possibly a faulty heating device. They do not believe smoke detectors were installed or functioning at the time of the fire.