INKSTER, Mich. (WJBK) - A little boy who was found badly burned in his family's hot tub has passed away, FOX 2 has learned. Now police are working to learn why he was in the hot tub in the first place.
The boy was found badly burned, face-down in the tub around 7 p.m. Monday in the family's house in the 4600 block of Avondale Avenue in Inkster. He was rushed to the hospital but did not survive.
His mother told police she was downstairs and that the toddler somehow got upstairs in the hot tub. Police say other family members were also home at the time.
Police say someone could possibly face charges in the little boy's death, but have not completed their investigation yet.
The little boy's name or age have not yet been released.
This is a developing story. Stay with FOX 2 for updates.