(WJBK) - The Michigan Department of Transportation is lifting most lane restrictions for the Fourth of July weekend.
More than half of road and bridge projects will be on hold to ease traffic delays for holiday travelers.
MDOT said Fourth of July traffic is expected to hit its highest mark in more than a decade.
Those lane restrictions will be lifted from 3 p.m. Friday until 6 a.m. Tuesday on 102 of MDOT's 144 projects across the state.
However, equipment and certain traffic configurations, like temporary shifts, may remain in place, so drivers should stay alert.
MDOT has provided a list of current project updates:
- I-75, Chippewa County, has one lane closed in each direction under the Dafter Road bridge with a temporary concrete barrier wall.
- M-28, Gogebic County, has one lane of alternating traffic open over the Presque Isle River with a temporary traffic signal.
- M-94 in Manistique, Schoolcraft County, has a posted detour at US-2.
- US-41 in Hancock, Houghton County, has a posted detour for northbound traffic.
- US-41 in Ishpeming, Marquette County, has one lane open in each direction with a traffic shift between Third Street and Second Street.
For more information, contact MDOT Superior Region Communications Representative Dan Weingarten at 906-250-4809. Follow the Superior Region on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MDOT_UP.
Northern Lower Peninsula
- M-27, Cheboygan County, has northbound traffic detoured on I-75 and M-68.
- US-23 in Cheboygan, Cheboygan County, has one lane open with a temporary traffic signal.
For more information, contact MDOT North Region Communications Representative James Lake at 906-250-0993. Follow the North Region on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MDOT_Traverse.
- Cascade Road in Grand Rapids has one lane closed over I-96 with a traffic shift.
- I-196 in Grandville, Kent County, has the westbound ramp to M-11 (28th Street/Wilson Avenue) closed.
- M-45 (Lake Michigan Drive) in Walker, Kent County, will have lane closures in each direction between Kinney and Sunset Hills avenues.
- M-66, Ionia County, has the southbound bridge over I-96 closed with traffic shifted onto the northbound bridge.
- US-31, Ottawa County, has two lanes open in each direction between Ransom Street and Lakewood Boulevard with a traffic shift. The southbound US-31 entrance and exit ramps at I-196 Business Loop (Chicago Drive) are closed with a detour posted.
- US-131 in Grand Rapids has one southbound lane closed between Ann Street and Leonard Street. Also, the Ann Street ramp to southbound US-131 is closed, as well as the southbound US-131 exit ramp to Leonard Street.
For more information, contact MDOT Grand Region Communications Representative John Richard at 616-262-1565. Follow the Grand Region on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MDOT_West.
- I-94, Berrien County, has one lane closed in each direction between Stevensville and Bridgman. Also, the Red Arrow Highway ramp to westbound I-94 (Exit 16) in Bridgman is closed with a detour posted.
- I-94, Kalamazoo County, has a traffic shift in place at 40th Street. All ramps at the interchange are closed with a detour posted.
- US-12, Cass County, has a lane shift at Old M-205 for roundabout construction. Old M-205 and Five Points Road are closed with a posted detour.
- US-31, Berrien County, has one lane closed in each direction over the St. Joseph River between Niles Buchanan Road and Walton Road.
- US-131, Kalamazoo County, has one lane closed in each direction between U Avenue and I-94 in Portage. Also, the Centre Avenue ramp to northbound US-131 is closed with a detour posted.
For more information, contact MDOT Southwest Region Communications Representative Nick Schirripa at 269-208-7829. Follow the Southwest Region on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MDOT_Southwest.
Central Michigan and Thumb
- Taylor Road, St. Clair County, has the bridge over I-69 closed.
- I-69, Genesee County, has one lane closed in each direction under Belsay Road.
- I-69, Lapeer County, has one lane closed in each direction between Clark Road and Lake Pleasant Road.
- I-75, Saginaw County, will have traffic shifted between Dixie Highway and Hess Road.
- M-18 in Beaverton, Midland County, has southbound traffic detoured.
- M-19, Sanilac County, has one lane of alternating traffic open at the South Fork of the Cass River with a temporary traffic signal.
- M-57 in Chesaning, Saginaw County, has one lane open over the Shiawassee River with a temporary signal.
- US-10, Clare County, has one lane open over Chippewa Creek with a temporary bridge.
- US-10 Business Route/M-20, Midland County, has one lane open in each direction over Saginaw Road and Waldo Road.
- I-75, Monroe County, has two lanes open in each direction with a traffic shift between I-275 and Dixie Highway.
- I-96 in Lansing, Ingham County, has two lanes open in each direction with a traffic shift between US-127 and M-99.
- M-14 in Ann Arbor, Washtenaw County, is closed between Main Street and the Miller Road/Maple Road interchange. A detour is posted.
- M-50/US-127 Business Route (West Avenue) in Jackson, Jackson County, is closed between Ganson Street and North Street with a detour posted.
- M-52, Washtenaw County, will have one lane maintained at Werkner Road with a temporary signal just north of Chelsea.
- M-100 north of Potterville, Eaton County, has one lane open with a temporary signal near Billwood Highway.
- US-12 in Saline, Washtenaw County, has one westbound lane open between Maple Street and Monroe Street with eastbound traffic detoured.
- US-127 in Lansing, Ingham County, has the northbound auxiliary lane closed between Grand River Avenue and Lake Lansing Road.
- Evergreen Road, Wayne County, will have one lane open in each direction over I-96.
- Larned Street in downtown Detroit will have one lane closed over I-375 for bridge work.
- I-94, Wayne County, has all ramps at Trumbull Avenue, including the eastbound service drive, closed.
- I-275, Wayne County, has all southbound lanes closed between the I-96/I-696 interchange and I-96/M-14.
- M-1 Rail work in downtown Detroit continues, with lane and shoulder closures in each direction on M-1 (Woodward Avenue), I-75, and I-94.
- M-24, Oakland County, will have lane shifts at Silver Bell and Clarkston roads.
- M-53 (Van Dyke Avenue), Macomb County, has lane closures in each direction at 16 Mile and 18 Mile roads.