(WJBK) - Meijer is taking applications to fill the position of Pharmacy Tech. Under the supervision of a Pharmacist, candidates will refill and replenish prescription requests in an automated central fill pharmacy setting.
Key responsibilities include:
- Fills cassettes and bottles with prescribed tablets and capsules. Places pharmaceutical products in appropriate containers and affixes labels to containers in Bulk
- Inventories cycle counts of each medication and counts stock to maintain inventory. Monitors prescription inventory for expired pharmaceuticals
- Reads computer generated screens to find indicated merchandise on labeled shelves and verifies the size and strength of the product before selecting order. Select drugs from stock for preparation; counts or pours pharmaceuticals.
- Restocks and replenishes medication in appropriate location
- Performs cleaning and maintenance on all cassettes
- Maintains the floor and work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Successful completion of Meijer Technician Training & Certification Program
- Working knowledge of pharmacy operations
- Good computer skills
Company will provide training on-site. Use Job# 1600004767 to apply online at: jobs.meijer.com