Wayward gator stuck in storm drain in Oldsmar
OLDSMAR, Fla. - The trappers had to be called in when an alligator found itself stuck in a storm drain in Oldsmar.
John Ruel, who captured video of the "rescue" in his neighborhood, said the alligator appeared to be about nine feet long.
MORE: Meet "Pearl," the rare albino alligator
At first, the trapper had a bit of a tough time pulling the alligator out as it seemed to want to climb back into the storm drain once it realized what was happening.
WATCH: Massive gator strolls through Palmetto golf course
It happened in East Lake Woodlands in Oldsmar. The gator was unharmed and relocated. "We were happy he was rescued and that he wasn't hurt," said Ruel.
- Dozens of gators gather at Myakka Lake State Park
- Gator catches huge fish at Trinity golf course
- Gargantuan alligator is big draw after viral video
- VIDEO: Burmese python fights alligator in Big Cypress swamp
- Alligator swims peacefully with manatees at Blue Spring
- Orange alligator appears in SC neighborhood pond
- Golfer fights off 10-foot alligator with 'solid, heavy' putter
- Rambo the alligator allowed to stay with owner in Lakeland home
- Man on chemo pulls eagle from gator's mouth
- WATCH: Gator jumps into vacationer's boat during Facebook Live