BRANDON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (FOX 2) - A woman with dementia in Brandon Township has died after accidentally setting herself on fire, authorities say.
The Oakland County Sheriff's Office says they responded to a home in the 3000 block of Cedar Loop for a fire Monday around 8:15.
When they got there, the fire was already out and paramedics began treating the woman. The 73-year-old was rushed to the hospital where she later passed away from her injuries.
A fire investigator concluded the woman's hair and clothing caught on fire while she was using the gas stove.
Brandon Township is about 50 miles northwest of Detroit.