Detroit's official kickoff of the summer season begins with the 13th Annual Detroit River Days presented by Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort on June 21-23 at West Riverfront Park, located at 1801 West Jefferson (between Rosa Parks Boulevard and 8th Street.)
Rashad Torrence from Detroit's Original Seafood Truck and Marc Pasco, Director of Communications, Detroit Riverfront Conservancy, stopped by the Fox2 News studios Saturday morning to preview the event and the good eats that will be available onsite.
Deep Fried Lobster Tails
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepperto taste
- 1tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp onion powder
- 4 -6 lbs fresh lobstertails, cleaned still in shell
- 2 qts oil for deep frying
- Add all ingredients to list
- In a gallon Ziploc bag combine, cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic powder and onion powder. Shake well.
- Place one half of a lobster tail at a time in to the bag.
- Shake to coat the tails completely.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or large skilled to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Place one coated lobster tail at a time into the oil.
- Cook until the lobster turns white and the coating is lightly browned.
- Let the fried tails dry on paper towels.