This recipe is courtesy of Elwin Greenwald of Elwin & Co.:
Fox 2 Apple Raisin Bread Pudding
Serves about 8 - 10
Elwin & Company Berkley MI 248/547-8846
2 C granulated sugar 1 prepared muffin tin
6 large eggs, well beaten Assorted mixing bowls
2 C half & half Assorted measuring cups & spoons
2 TSP pure vanilla extract Rubber spatula
4 C cubed stale Brioche or Challah, crusts removed Wire whisk
½ C packed light brown sugar Serrated knife
2 Fuji or Gala apples, diced Heavy sauce pan
pinch of kosher salt Portion scoop
½ C raisins or dried cranberries Baking tray
1 TSP round cinnamon For the Caramel Sauce
½ TSP ground ginger Heavy cream
Juice and zest of one orange Butter
½ C coarse sugar Brown sugar
¼ LB unsalted butter, diced
Confectioners sugar for dusting
1) Preheat oven to 325.
2) In the large mixing bowl place the granulated sugar, vanilla, eggs, salt, half & half
and the orange juice + zest. Mix well.
3) Add the dried bread cubes, apples, raisins and or the cranberries. Gently blend
4) Using the portion scoop fill each muffin cup with some of the bread/egg mixture,
making sure there is enough liquid to fill each cup ¾ of the way. Sprinkle the top
with the brown sugar, coarse sugar and dot with butter.
5) Place the muffin tin on the baking sheet and bake until puffed and golden brown.
About 10 - 20 minutes.
6) Gently unmold each bread pudding onto a plate, garnish with fresh mint, drizzle with
some of the Caramel Sauce and dust with confectioners sugar.
To prepare the Caramel Sauce
1) Combine ½ C brown sugar and ¼ LB butter in the heavy sauce pan and cook slowly,
stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the mixture is no longer grainy but
smooth and shiny, about 2 -3 minutes.
2) Carefully add 1 cup heavy cream and whisk until a creamy smooth sauce is
achieved, about 3 - 4 minutes.