(FOX 2) - BRISKET AND THREE BEAN CHILI-
- Smoked brisket- 2# chopped (save fat and drippings)
- Spanish onion- 2 diced small
- Garlic cloves- around 6 crushed and chopped
- Chili powder- 1oz
- Ancho powder- 1oz
- Paprika- 2oz
- Crushed tomato- 1 can (around 14oz)
- Pinto beans- 14oz
- Black beans- 14oz
- Kidney beans- 14oz
- Dark beer- 1 bottle
- Beef broth- 2 cups
- Jalapenos- 4 or 5 devained and diced
- Start by buying a smoked brisket from Slows or smoking one on your own. If you're smoking one get started the day before. '
- Save around 2lbs of chopped brisket and eat the rest.
- Pour the fat and drippings from the brisket into a stock pot and get them hot.
- Add the onions and garlic and saute around 5 minutes.
- Add all of the spices and stir them non stop for around 30 seconds.
- Add the bottle of beer.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, broth and beans. Drain most of the liquid out of the bean containers.
- Bring to a simmer then add your chopped brisket.
- Bring it back to a simmer then add the jalapenos.
- Give it a taste and see if you'd like to add additional salt and pepper or a little hot sauce.
- Serve it topped with cheese, sour cream, corn chips or anything you like.