(FOX 2) - There's nothing better than the taste of a juicy steak, except for maybe something to top it off.
Chef David Culi joined us from Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse to show us how to make the cut of beef just a little bit better. You can watch in the video player above as he prepares a Béarnaise Sauce, and get his recipe below.
3 each Egg Yolks
1 Tbls Hot water 180°
1/4 C Clarified butter, hot
2 dashes Tabasco sauce
1 Tbls Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
To Taste Kosher Salt
1 Tsp Tarragon Reduction
1. Combine egg yolks and water in a bowl over a saucepan slowly simmering water; beat constantly with a wire whip until eggs become thickened.
2. Remove from heat and place bowl on a damp cloth so it does not move.
3. Add hot clarified butter, 2 ounces at a time incorporating the butter completely before adding more. Do this until all butter is gone.
4. Continue beating, stirring constantly and vigorously until smooth.
5. Add Tabasco, lemon juice and salt and incorporate.
6. Add tarragon reduction and wild mushrooms and stir