1-year-old hospitalized after possible opioid ingestion in Detroit

A 1-year-old child is in the hospital Tuesday morning suffering a possible opioid overdose.

Police were called out to a home in the 9600 block of Coyle Monday night for a baby who may have ingested some opioids.

Police say the baby boy was under the care of a sitter when he possibly ingested the opioids. The sitter brought the child to the hospital, and we're told he was in critical condition as of 8:30 p.m. Monday.

Police are investigation right now how he got the opioids and what kind was ingested. We're told the family is cooperating with the investigation. 

This is a developing story. Stay with us for details.