This browser does not support the Video element.
3 men found beaten to death in Detroit home
On Wednesday afternoon, the bodies of three men were found inside the basement of a Detroit home. Police said the victims were beaten to death.
DETROIT (FOX 2) - Police are still at the scene looking for answers Thursday morning after three men were found beaten to death inside the basement of a Southwest Detroit home.
The investigation started with a report about a missing person Wednesday afternoon and escalated when they made the gruesome discovery.
What we know:
Officers were called to the city's southwest side about a missing person. While police were in the area of Edsel Street and Francis Avenue around 1 p.m., they were approached by a person who said they had been assaulted inside a nearby home.
When the officers went to that home on Edsel, they found three men dead in the basement. Police said it appeared the victims had been brutally assaulted.
Family members identified one of the victims as Norman Hamlin, who they say was a military veteran.
Norman Hamlin
What we don't know:
The identities of the other victims have not been released, and no suspects are in custody. It is also unclear what connection the initial victim who said they were assaulted has to the home where the murder victims were discovered.
Police are now seeking tips as they work to find the person or people who killed the men.
This browser does not support the Video element.
Family identifies one victim in Detroit triple murder
Family members who did not want to speak on camera identified one of three men found beaten to death in the basement of a Detroit home.
What they're saying:
Neighbors in the area say the triple murder has them on edge because the person responsible is still out there.
"Worried because we don't know who did it," Rayshawn Brown said. "It could be anybody."
The Source: Previous reporting and interviews were used.
Watch FOX 2 News Live
This browser does not support the Video element.