CHICAGO - The CDC is warning that people should not eat raw cookie dough amid a salmonella outbreak that has spread to 11 states.
The CDC said at least 12 people have gotten sick after eating raw flour. The brand of the flour has not been identified.
The CDC said that of the seven people interviewed, six (86%) reported eating raw dough or batter.
Most flour is raw, even though people don't usually think of it that way. Raw flour can be contaminated with salmonella, which is killed when the flour is cooked.