DETROIT (FOX 2) - Downtown Detroit will again turn into a winter wonderland with the return of markets and other activities this holiday season.
Eighteen local retailers will be set up at Cadillac Square from Nov. 10 through Dec. 31. According to Bedrock, the majority of participating businesses are BIPOC or female-owned and Detroit-based. See a list of businesses below.
The Cadillac Lodge will also be set up, offering a place to warm up, have a treat, and enjoy family-friendly entertainment.
"We could not be more thrilled to take over the Cadillac Lodge concessions this year. We’ll be bringing our unique ‘Choose Your Own Adventure’ concept from our Eastern Market location while adding some holiday twists to make every drink festive and fun," said Beatrice Wolnerman, owner of Bea’s Detroit and Bea’s Squeeze.
The markets and lodge are open on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Also, 1001 Woodward Ave. will be transformed into 1001 Winter Wonders, a free North Pole-themed walk-thru that will include ice paths, igloos, and a mailbox for letters to Santa. Winter Wonders will be open from 4-8 p.m. on Fridays and noon-4 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays beginning Nov. 20 through Jan. 30.
All visitors who make a purchase from a participating brick-and-mortar Bedrock retailer or restaurant will receive validation for two hours of complimentary parking at Bedrock-operated parking garages. See a parking map here.
Have an event you want to see featured? Email me at email@example.com.
Downtown Detroit Markets vendors:
- Adobe Impressions– Adobe Impressions specializes in hand-painted and hand-poured home décor. Products include decorative trays, coasters and other home accessories. Adobe Impressions is committed to designing new quality products each month and no two items are ever the same.
- Bow-Aholic Bowtique– Bow-Aholic Bowtique hand makes quality hair bows with vegan leather and glitter. Additionally, the company sells t-shirts, jewelry and various accessories. Many items are paired up in "Mommy and me" packages and custom options are also available.
- Detroit Hustles Harder– Detroit Hustle Harder’s goal is to help promote the community through collaboration and quality merchandising. By partnering with local artists and small businesses, they create products that represent a true expression of Detroit. Products include shirts, jackets, hats, bags, home goods and more.
- Detroit Man and Woman Collection– Detroit Man and Woman Collection creates Detroit themed apparel and goods for all occasions. The brand specializes in clothing, hats, drinkware and even outfits for little ones. Detroit Man and Woman Collection also crafts custom items allowing customers to truly express themselves.
- Ferosh the Label– Ferosh Chick is a trending women’s clothing and accessory boutique that immerses customers with effortless style. Ferosh Chick is committed to curating high-quality products, sticking to affordable prices and finding distinctly unique pieces.
- Good Cakes and Bakes– Good Cakes and Bakes provide quality baked goods with the most natural and fresh ingredients possible. They pledge to use organic and locally-grown produce when available. The wholesome treats include cake jars, gooey butter and pound cakes, cupcakes, breakfast breads and muffins.
- K E P T Jewelry– K E P T Jewelry is a sophisticated and affordable collection of jewelry with a modern vibe. All jewelry is handmade and perfect for gifts and everyday wear. K E P T Jewelry’s line consists of pieces that are made mostly of brass with earthy semi-precious stones.
- Little High Flyers– Little High Flyers curates a collection of unique children’s items sourced from small, women-owned businesses around the world. All Little High Flyers products are eco-friendly and socially conscious. They source clothes, footwear, toys, books, décor and more.
- MuskOx– MuskOx provides high-quality men’s apparel for the modern-day adventurous man. All products are durable, thoughtfully designed and are made to be worn from the office to the outdoors. Products include shirts, pants, outerwear and hats. MuskOx is committed to wildlife conservation and donates a portion of proceeds to conservation groups.
- New Millenium Books– New Millenium Books is a multicultural book and educational tool company with generally non- fiction titles for both children and adults. They strive to ensure all readers feel included with an inventory that allows diverse individuals from all walks of life to see themselves as the subject of a story.
- Essence by Noble– Essence by Noble creates handmade soaps and personal care products that are always 100% vegan and palm oil free using only pure essential oils as scents. The line also carries shampoo bars, shaving soaps, body balms, deodorants and more. With a focus on sustainability, Essence uses biodegradable packaging whenever possible.
- Nuts About Detroit– Nuts About Detroit is the only nut business that roasts locally in-house, in Michigan. Using only the finest nuts, the brand also sells unique chocolates, dried fruits, holiday tins and trays mixed with cashews, pistachios and more.
- POST– POST is focused on producing and selling handmade goods while also teaching their craft through various workshops and events. They source products from over 300 independent brands; 75% of their products are Michigan made while 90% are made by women-owned businesses. From home décor, to bath & body, jewelry and apparel, everything POST is handmade with love.
- Preva Body– Preva Body is a community-based beauty supply shop committed to creating all-natural, vegan and organic products. Preva specializes in handmade whipped shea butter products, guaranteed to nourish your skin with natural moisturizers and protectants. They also create handmade soaps and body butters.
- The Vintage Wick– The Vintage Wick provides a luxury candle experience that combines the beauty of vintage style glassware with all-natural, vegan, hand-poured coconut wax. Their candles are made to be refilled and enjoyed for years to come. The brand sells additional one-of-a-kind, eco-friendly home décor, incense and smudge sticks.
- Three Dogs 1 Cat– Three Dogs 1 Cat is an urban pet shoppe that carries an assortment of items for a variety of customers, including both fury friends and their humans. Pet products include Detroit seatbelt collars, treats and toys made in the USA, trendy apparel and more. 3Dogs1Cat people products include an array of pet-themed gifts, Detroit inspired accessories and home decor.
- Whimsy & Wine– Whimsy & Wine offers handmade wood décor, charcuterie boards, DIY craft kits, ornaments, doormats and creative coffee mugs. Many of their items carry a Detroit or Michigan theme as well as sarcastic slogans- encouraging customers to laugh and have fun with their products.
- Waffle Cabin– The Waffle Cabin, originally serving waffles at ski resorts, has several tasty treats to help guests warm up. The Waffle Cabin sells warmed waffles with an optional chocolate drizzle, a variety of candy, hot cocoa and coffee.