(WJBK) - The Education Achievement Authority of Michigan (EAA) has announced the launch of Summer Smart Start. The program is designed to provide more than 1,500 students with hands on summer learning experiences.
As part of the extended school year model, Smart Start students will participate in:
- Grow Detroit’s Young Talent (paid summer jobs for students 16 and up)
- The Cranbrook Educational Community: Summer Camps
- Detroit Area Pre-College Engineering Program (DAPCEP)
- Camp Enterprise
- Pingree Farms
- Michigan State University
- University of Michigan
- Wayne State University
- Lawrence Technological University
- Marygrove College
- Wayne County Community College
Students interested in participating in the program should contact the school-based representative for information.