DETROIT (WJBK) - A family is out of their home after a terrible fire.
A mother was with her three small children luckily decided to stay the night with her dad. She got a call early Friday morning finding out that her home was on fire.
Her neighbors thought that they were inside the fully engulfed home on Detroit's west side.
"Thank God we weren't there at the time," said the family's mother.
Understandably mom was too emotionally drained after all this to go on camera.
"Today's my mom's birthday she's been dead two years now, God rest her soul," she said. "I've been staying in the house the past seven years and I completely lost everything.
Fire investigators say they got the call around 7:15 a.m. a home in the 15700 block of Belden was on fire they called it suspicious at first. But now are calling it undetermined. Reportedly starting between the basement and first floor.
"Mostly likely that would be an accidental electrical fire."
They called in the heavy hitters a full box alarm this mom says the Red Cross put her up in a hotel for a week but after that she's not sure what she's going to do with her clothes, documents, pictures everything gone.
Coby the dog and Coco the cat made it out. Mom and dad and their daughter, 8 and boys, 4 and 6, weren’t home.
"Most of the people in the neighborhood all know the kids and love the kids," said Johnnie Brice. "It was quite devastating because we thought those kids were trapped in that house. One of the things that brought us relief was that they were with their grandfather instead of being at that house."