WHITE CHEDDAR MACARONI AND CHEESE
• 1 pounds cavatappi pasta
• 4 weighted ounces butter
• ½ cup flour
• 6 cups milk
• 10 ounces fontina cheese grated
• 8 ounces white cheddar cheese
• ½ teaspoon nutmeg-ground
• ½ teaspoon black pepper
• 1 ounce pure vanilla extract
• Salt taste
1. Cook the Cavatappi pasta al dente. Drain, rinse and cool
2. In a sauce pan melt the butter and add the flour to make a roux. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Gradually whisk in the milk and constantly stirring until slightly thickened
4. Whisk in both cheese slowly until completely melted into the milk mixture.
5. Remove from heat and toss the pasta in the sauce. Pour into a medium size baking pan.
6. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top and bake in a 350 degree oven for 6 to 10 minutes
Nutrition Facts per serving: 446 calories, 17 g total fat, 99 mg cholesterol, 883 mg sodium, 328 g carbohydrate, 49 g protein.
• 4 pound boneless pork shoulder, fat trimmed
• 1 yellow onion, sliced
• 1 cup ½ Whole grain mustard
• 2 cups Light agave
• Light brown sugar
1. In a 6 quart slower cooker add pork shoulder and yellow onion. Pour in light agave whole grain mustard and brown sugar.
2. Pull the pork roast out of the slow cooker, add to a large plate and shredded with two forks.
3. Pour the juices from the slow cooker in to a stock pot and cook the liquid down to syrup.
4. Mixed the shredded pork and the syrup together. You want the meat to be coated but not dripping with the sauce.
5. Cover to keep warm while you prepare the mac and cheese