Michigan mom confronts son's killers in court: 'wish they had death penalty'

Almost a year to the day since her son was shot and killed by two women, the mom of Reginald Robinson got a chance to address the women who took her son's life.

Robinson was fatally shot at Plymouth and Meyers last February after one of the women thought he had made a comment about her appearance. The woman thought the 17-year-old made a comment about her backside inside a party store. A car she was in pulled up to Robinson and his friends outside and fatally shot him in the head at 6:30 p.m. across from the Zoom gas station at Plymouth and Meyers.

Almost a year later, his mother, Latrece Foster, talked to the women responsible.

"This has been the longest 11 months and seven days of my life," she said.

Robinson was 17-year-old on February 24th. A Detroiter who went to high school in Garden City, he played basketball, ran track and sang in the choir. He had plans to be an engineer and, after being shot earlier in his life, he became a police cadet in Detroit working in the gun division. 

"I only sleep about two to three hours because every time I close my eyes, I see my son laying on that cold ground in a puddle of blood," Foster said.

Last February Reginald and his friends were inside a party store at Plymouth and Meyers. They laughed when a man there made a derogatory remark about a woman in the store but that woman would come back with a friend and shoot Reginald dead as he walked down the street.

Sharnea McCoy was the driver and Erica Osburn was the shooter, authorities said. 

"Y'all rode back at the crime scene to make sure my son was dead. You two are monsters," Foster said. "You are malicious, You are outrageous,You are  non-remorseful, this senseless murder you committed, You are terrible, You are evil, You are  rotten to the core- and it's sickening to my stomach as well as the city."

Foster told them both that Reginald's death affected her entire family: Reginald's girlfriend was pregnant and lost their baby, an aunt had a seizure and died, Foster's daughter and wife both had nervous breakdowns.

"I wasn't satisfied with your plea but life wouldn't bring my son back. I wish they had the death penalty," she said.