SMART Connector Bus Operator
(WJBK) - SMART is currently taking applications to fill the position of: Connector Bus Operator. Candidates will operate motor coaches to transport passengers in a safe, efficient and courteous manner. The CBO is responsible for collecting fares and completing necessary inspections and reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with a CP endorsement.
- Less than four (4) points on driving record in the last five (5) years.
- High School graduate or commensurate.
- Three (3) years work experience; one (1) year of which has been as a bus driver, truck driver or in a sales or public relations capacity, preferred.
- Successfully completes written and oral examination.
- Physical requirements as specified by the Federal Department of Transportation for Coach Operators.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend written directives and service information.
- Ability to read a street map and find unknown locations quickly.
- Knowledge of the service area of the assigned terminal: Major streets and landmarks, street numbering systems, etc.
- Ability to perform arithmetical calculations and maintain reports.
- Ability to work in time-structured environment under minimal direct supervisions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work with the public.
- Basic mechanical aptitude helpful.
- Ability to exercise sound and quick judgment in solving problems.
For information and to apply follow the link to SMART.