(FOX 2) - The woman wanted in a string of bank robbery cases has been arrested.
Police say that the suspect - who investigators had described as looking elderly - is actually a 45-year-old Southgate woman.
Amalia Lillian Helton has been charged with five bank robberies, all taking place Downriver:
- November 24, 2018 in Allen Park
- December 19, 2018 in Southgate
- May 20, 2019 in Southgate
- June 3, 2019 in Riverview
- June 12, 2019 in Wyandotte
A taskforce of police from each city involved, worked the case leading to her arrest on Monday June 24.
Helton was arraigned Wednesday and given a $250,000 bond.