Chef Ernesto shares some of Café Cortina's classic recipes with the Nine!
- Fresh Arugula (optional)
- Burrata or Mozzarella (optional)
- Fresh figs (optional)
- 3 oz toasted croutons
- ½ English cucumber
- 4 cups of sweet cherry heirloom tomatoes
- 3 oz pickled red onions
- 10 basil leaves
- 5 mint leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Place chopped tomatoes in a colander, set over a bowl, and season with salt. Toss to coat. Set aside at room temperature to drain, tossing occasionally. Drain for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Remove colander with tomatoes from bowl with tomato juice. Place colander with tomatoes in sink. Add pickled onions, and vinegar to bowl with tomato juice. Whisking constantly, drizzle in remaining ½ cup of olive oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine toasted bread, tomatoes, and dressing in a large bowl. Add basil leaves and mint toss everything to coat and season with salt and pepper.