Ackroyd's Bakery rolls out Irish items for March
(FOX 2) - Ackroyd's Scottish Bakery has introduced several new items for the month of March that are traditionally Irish, and authentically Ackroyd's.
Megan Ackroyd, owner of Ackroyd's Bakery, joined us on The Nine to tell us more about the food. You can hear from her in the video player above, and get her soda bread muffin recipe below.
ACKROYD'S SCOTTISH BAKERY
Irish Soda Bread Muffins
Makes 12 medium-size muffins
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup raisins (we prefer golden raisins)
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 3/4 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
2. Mix flour, raisins, 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, caraway seeds, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
3. Whisk buttermilk and egg together in a small bowl. Stir into flour mixture. Fold butter into the batter.
4. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 30 minutes.
* For a golden top, brush muffins with more melted butter and top with demerara sugar before baking.
* Purchase small or large loafs of Ackroyd's Irish Soda Bread here: https://ackroydsbakery.com/.