Chef Annabel Cohen Makes Easter Brunch
Easter Sunday isn't just about the dinner meal. Breakfast or brunch with family and friends can be just as meaningful, fun and tasty.
Chef Annabel Cohen came by the Fox 2 Studios Sunday morning to prove it by preparing a few of her favorite brunch recipes.
Sticky Bun Baked French Toast
- 3 cups whole milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pound challa (egg bread), cut into 1-inch Chunks
- 1 1/2 cups chopped or halved pecans, walnuts or sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 cup golden raisins
- ¾ cup( 1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Spray a 9x12-inch (or equivalent) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Whisk together the eggs,milk, butter, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Add the bread, nuts and raisins and stir or toss well. (NOTE: you may make this up to a day ahead, cover with plastic wrap and chill to bake the next day).
- Just before baking, combine topping ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl and cook on high for 1 minute. If the butter isn't melted, cook for 1 minutes more. Stir well. Drizzle over the French toast and bake for 50-60 minutes until the puffy and bubbly. Serve hot, spread with melted cream cheese if desired. Makes 8-12 servings.
Click here for more information about Chef Annabel and additional recipes.