Detroit Panzerotti at Winter Blast weekends
(FOX 2) - Winter Blast weekends in Detroit return to Campus Martius today. Activities include the popular winter slide and, of course, lots of food.
Chef Gabrielle Buscemi from Detroit Panzerotti Company joined us with a special recipe along with Stephanie McIntyre from Quicken Loans to tell us more about the festival.
You can hear from them in the video player above, and get their panzerotti recipe below.
- 7oz ball of pizza dough (a recipe of you own liking)
- 2 TBS pizza sauce
- 10 pepperoni slices
- 2.5 oz mozzarella cheese
1. Roll dough out to about 1/4" circle.
2. Put sauce, cheese and pepperoni on one half of the circle.
3. Fold over one half of the pizza dough sealing it together with a fork.
4. Deep fry at 350 degrees for 3-4 mins until golden
brown and delicious.
5. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and enjoy.