SOUTHFIELD, Mich. - It's the final Lions game of the season, and Chef Bobby is fueling us with dynamite game day eats!
Chef Bobby's Cheeseburger Soup
· ¾ pound ground beef lean
· 4 tablespoons butter, divided
· 3/4 cup chopped onion
· 3/4 cup diced celery
· 1 teaspoon fresh parsley flakes
· 2 cups chicken broth
· 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
· 1 package (16 ounces) Velveeta process cheese, cubed, or your favorite cheese sauce blend
· 1-1/2 cups whole milk
· 3/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
· Charred Jalapeno seeded and chopped "Optional"
· 1/4 cup sour cream "optional"
In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and crumble beef until no longer pink; drain and set aside. Reserve half the fat from burger In same saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Saute onion, celery, basil and parsley until tender, about 10 minutes. Add beef and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, about 10-12 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add flour; cook and stir until bubbly, 3-5 minutes. Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook until cheese melts. Remove from heat; blend in sour cream. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
· To prevent soup from curdling, remove from the heat before adding sour cream.
· Go all out! Serve in bread bowls with condiment skewers: Try cocktail onions, Fried Onion petals, Shoe string fries, potato chips and mini pickles.