If you're looking to spice up your Super Bowl party snacks this year, locally-owned and operated Scotty O'Hotty has the solution.
The company is now the most awarded condiment in Michigan, having recently won three 1st place Scovie awards, the worlds largest spicy food competition (the academy awards of spicy food). Its "Ultimate 6 Pack" will be available for sale this week just in time for the big game at 10 select Kroger locations from Commerce to Saginaw.
Owners Scott and Suzi Owens dropped by the Fox2 Kitchen Saturday morning to share some of their favorite recipes.
Watch the video above, follow the recipes here and click here for more information about the menu.
Game Day Cheese Dip
- 16oz sharp Velveeta cheese
- 10.5oz (1can) Hormel chili (no beans)
- 4oz diced tomatoes or your favorite salsa
- 1 bottle of Scotty O’Hotty’s Beer Bacon Chipotle or Roasted Pepper Sauce
- 3oz of cream cheese
- 3 TBS of sour cream
- Add all ingredients except sour cream into a medium size crock pot on medium heat. Takes about 1 hour in crock pot, stir every 20 minutes. (This also can be done in the microwave with a microwave safe bowl or with stove top pan on low)
- Stir ingredients when cheese starts to melt.
- When completely melted stir in sour cream
- If you want to kick it up a notch add a splash of SOH Premium Habanero, The
- Ghost Sauce or Reaper de Muerte.
- Serve warm with your favorite chips, pretzel rolls, beer & enjoy!
Game Day FA-Hotty
● 1 ½ Lbs Flank Steak or Boneless skinless chicken cut into 2 inch stips/cubes
● 6 inch Bamboo skewers
● 2 Bottles Scotty O’Hotty hot sauce
● 1 Packet Fajita Seasoning
● 2 Cups Apple Juice
● 1 package Mini Sweet Peppers
● 1 Large Red Onion
● 1 Package Mini Tortillas
● Toppings: sour cream, cheese, avocado, tomato, & Scotty O’Hotty Hot Sauce!
● In a 2 quart container, combine apple juice, fajita seasoning, and 1 bottle Scotty O’Hotty
hot sauce - mix well.
● Add the steak or chicken, cover and refrigerate overnight
Skewer assembly and cooking
● Preheat oven to 425॰
● Soak the skewers in water for 10 minutes
● Cut the Mini Peppers and onions into bite size pieces
● Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray
● Build the skewers alternating onion, pepper and meat
● Brush some of the marinade over the skewers
● Cook for 15 minutes, remove from oven
● Make an “assembly line” on a table with all of the available ingredients and toppings for
your Fa-Hotty Bar!
● Tortillas, skewers, cheese, sour cream, avocado, tomato, and Scotty O’Hotty Sauces