Spring is almost here and we are all looking forward to flowers, blooms and pastel colors that remind us of all things spring and a bitter winter's end. Rainbows and unicorns are trending lately and offer a great party theme because they're magical and whimsical; a perfect feel for many occasions including; birthdays, baby showers, bridal showers and even weddings.
Kevin Miller, of Twigs & Branches Floral, of Rochester Hills, dropped by the Fox2 News studios Sunday morning to showcase some affordable decoration ideas.
Joining him was Jim Lenz, of Two Unique Caterers and Event Planners, to provide some food ideas to make your unicorn party a hit.
- 4 roma tomatoes, cored and diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, stems removed, seeded and diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup garbanzo beans
- ¼ cup chopped banana peppers
- 1 & ½ cups whole kernel corn (frozen/thawed or fresh & blanched)
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro, loosely-packed
- 1 small chopped red onion
- 4 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 bag rainbow tortilla chips
1. Combine the tomatoes, jalapeno, bell peppers, black beans, corn, banana peppers
cilantro and red onion in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the lime juice, garlic powder, cumin and salt until
combined. Add the juice to the bowl of salsa. Combine all ingredients.
- 1 ½ oz. Valentine Vodka
- ½ oz. X-Rated Fusion Liquor
- 1 oz. Cranberry juice
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Splash of sparkling water
- A nice size handful of cotton candy
- Sugar for rimming the glass.
1. In a martini shaker, add ice, X-Rated, and cranberry juice.
2. Shake until well-mixed and chilled.
3. Rim your martini glass in sugar or rub cotton candy around it.
4. Take a heaping handful of cotton candy and place in your martini glass and slowly
pour the contents of the shaker directly over it, finish with splash of sparkling water.