(FOX 2) - True Desserts is a plant-based desserts business where everything on the menu is also unbaked.
Patricia Ode, founder and creator, joined us on The Nine to tell us more about her treats.
Her desserts have optimal nutrition and are free from dairy, eggs, gluten, soy, refined sugar, GMOs, preservatives, and artificial ingredients. They're made with fruit, nuts, and superfood powders.
You can watch in the video player above as she prepares rose petal brownies, and get her recipe below.
2 Cups Walnut Pieces
2 Cups Pitted Medjool Dates
1/2 Cup Cacao Powder (or Carob powder for caffeine free)
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup (preferably Dark Grade)
2 TBS Cinnamon
1 TBS Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Bean Powder
1 Tsp Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt
*Optional: Organic Rose Petals & Coconut Shreds
1. Place the Pitted Dates into the food processor and Pulse a few times to soften and break them apart.
2. Add in the Walnuts and Pulse a few more times to bind.
3. Toss in the Cacao Powder, Cinnamon, Vanilla, and Salt and Pulse a few more times before blending.
4. As the ingredients bind, slowly add in the Maple Syrup until the mixture clumps into one big ball in the food processor. You want the ingredients to be stuck together so that working with the batter is easier.
5. Use a teaspoon, tablespoon, or your fingers to grab a small amount of batter and roll into a ball.
6. Roll the ball around in a bowl of rose petals, then sprinkle with coconut shreds.