Ram's Horn has been serving delicious food at locations across metro Detroit for decades. Each October, the restaurant and loyal customers team up to help support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
Customers may donate a dollar or five dollars at the register to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital for cancer research and treatment.
Franchise Owner Kristy Kasapis Panos and Chef Gary Aiuto from Ram's Horn of Warren stopped by the Fox2 Kitchen Sunday morning to discuss the initiative and to showcase how to prepare the 'whole hog' sandwich.
Watch the video above and follow the recipe here.
Whole Hog Sandwich
- 1 LB pork bottom
- 4 slices Ham
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 whole sweet onion sliced thin
- 1 cup BBQ sauce of choice
- 8 slices bread of choice
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- mesquite BBQ seasoning
- 1 LB pork bottom, slow roast at 250 6-8 hours with water liner and 1 cup apple cider vinegar. Or may use a slow cooker.
- Use salt/pepper and mesquite BBQ seasoning for a dry rub on entire pork bottom.
- Once done, use fork to separate/shred meat. Place in pan, add BBQ sauce of choice, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, stir on low. In fry pan, cook bacon and ham. In separate pan, saute onions.
- Butter bread, grill with the cheese, layer meat, add onions, cap it, cut.