Learning, instruction and great tasting food are always on the menu at the Schoolcraft College Culinary School.
Fox2 recently visited the program and picked up some tips and cooking recipes from instructor Chef Kelli Lewton Secondino, of Two Unique Caterers & Event Planners. Here's one of her favorite recipes:
Chicken Scaloppini Golden Oaks (2 portions)
- Butter, clarified
- 1/3 cup minced shallots
- 1/3 cup Madeira wine
- 1/3 cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Jus lie
- 1 cup Morel mushrooms cut in quarters
- 1 cup Oyster mushrooms, cut in quarters
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Flour, for dusting as needed
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper then dust it lightly with flour.
- Heat a sauté pan with the clarified butter. Sauté the chicken scaloppini on both sides.
- Remove the cutlets and set aside.
- Add the shallots and sauté, and the mushrooms and sauté, deglaze the pan with Madeira wine.
- Add the jus lie and finish with the cream.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve.
Check out more information about Chef Kelli's and other recipes on her website.