The Downtown Street Eats initiative attracts 2,500 hungry patrons every weekday in spring and summer months and features more than 75 trucks and cuisines.
Pam Matthews,owner/operator of The Soup Dive, is one of them and is proud to be sharing her unique style of food with the hungry masses attending the FIRST Championship competition, which runs from April 25-28 at COBO Center and Ford Field.
She stopped by the Fox2 Kitchen Sunday morning to showcase some of the tasty dishes she has planned, including her signature Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes.
Watch the video above and follow the recipe here.
Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes
- 1 16 oz CanCrab
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise Hellman's
- 1oz Worcestershire
- .5 oz Old Bay Powder
- .5 oz Creole Seasoning Powder
- .3 oz Garlic Seasoning Powder
- 3/4 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 half Lemon Juice
- Chopped Cilantro
- Fresh Herb chopped
- Mix all ingredients in the bowl except the crab meat & bread crumbs.
- Mix the ingredients well, then gently fold the crab meat into the mixture without crumbling the crab meat.