Sunday brunch is always a popular way to gather with family and friends. CAYA Smokehouse in Wolverine Lake is always up for the challenge.
To prove it, Chef Jeff Rose dropped by the Fox 2 Kitchen Sunday morning with some of his favorite Sunday morning recipes. Watch the video above, follow the recipe here, and check out the menu at http://cayagrill.com/.
Berry Bread Pudding French Toast
- 4 qt brioche bread, cubed and dried
- 1 qt whole milk
- 8 ea eggs slightly beaten
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbl powdered sugar
- Mix all ingredients except the bread. In large bowl pout the liquid over the bread.
- Let sit for twenty minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spray a bread loaf pan with pan spray.
- Put bread mixture into loaf pan. Cover with foil and bake for one hour, or until firm.
- Cool the loaf.
- Slice into ¼ in slices.
- In a sauté pan, heat the slices in a little butter.
- Top with fresh berries and syrup.