Taste of Rouge Cafe's surf and turf recipe
(WJBK) - The Taste of Rogue Cafe is part of River Rouge School System's culinary arts program. It is student led and adult supported. The cafe is open on Fridays from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Chef Steve Watkins and student Juliauna Sanders joined us on The Nine to tell us more about the program, along with Tarence Wheeler from River Rouge school system. You can find their surf and turf recipe below.
You can visit their cafe at 1460 W Coolidge Highway, or call (313) 297-9600 for more information.
Surf & Turf
Flank Steak & Shrimp over Grilled Asparagus
Prawn Shrimps 2ea
S & P TT
Flank Steak 2; 4 OZ Strips
Fresh Garlic 1 Tbls
Cilantro 1 Tbls
Fresh Lime Juice 2 Tbls
Worcestershire Sauce ½ Cup
Salt & Pepper TT
Asparagus 5 spears
Melted Butter 1 Tbls
1. Add all ingredients in a bowl and let marinate for 10min
2. Grill on a coal grill till preferred temperature
1. Place shrimp on grill season for taste
1. Place asparagus on grill
2. Season with salt & pepper
3. When nearly done brush lightly with butter