(WJBK) - The Whitney is consistently named one of Detroit's best place for desserts, so they joined us in the FOX 2 Cooking School to teach us how to whip up something fancy.
General Manager Dave Duey shows us how to make their Wildberries Van Gogh. You can find their recipe below.
The Whitney is located at 4421 Woodward Avenue in Detroit. For more information, visit www.thewhitney.com.
THE WHITNEY WILDBERRIES "VAN GOGH"
4oz hard Butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, 3 strawberries)
1 disc white cake
1& ½ oz Absinthe
Tablespoon on whipped cream
1) Drizzle Absinthe over cake disc, place in center of round deep plate
2) Begin melting butter over medium heat (DO not scorch or turn butter brown)
3) As butter completes melt, add powdered sugar and mix over low heat.
4) As butter melts it should reach the consistency of elmer's glue
5) When completely mixed and all lumps are gone, add strawberries, still on low heat
6) Berries will start to "bleed" and turn the syrup pink
7) Turn heat to high
8) Remove pan from heat and add Gran Marnier
9) Return to high heat an light edge liquid on fire
10) Stir the mixture briskly until the flame goes out
11) Pour mixture over cake, using rubber spatula to get ALL the fluid on plate
12) Top with Whipped Cream and serve